Sponsors are welcome to post job offerings. To have your position posted please contact our Sponsorship Chair.
Marketing Leader in Architectural Lighting
GVA Lighting, a unique player in exterior architectural lighting, is looking for a true marketing leader, who
can manage all company’s marketing activities.
The ideal candidate is a creative and highly analytical person, who has a keen interest and an extensive
experience with B2B marketing in an architectural and/or lighting environment.
Each of our lighting projects is unique and highly technical, and you will have the opportunity to work with
world’s best architects, lighting designers, engineers, and sales agencies.
Title(s): Marketing Manager, Head of Marketing, Director of Marketing (depends on experience and
- Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
- Type of work: In-office
- Reports to: President
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with Company’s President, Directors and Heads of Departments on the strategic
planning related to marketing;
• Prepare the marketing strategy for the Company for the next decade;
• Coordinate the implementation of the Company’s marketing strategy – including branding,
campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR;
• Responsible for development, execution, and monitoring of marketing methodology across
the global marketplace, including corrective action if circumstances change;
• Conduct market analysis, pricing and account planning, and reviews;
• Collect and report market intelligence data (reports on competitors, product and pricing
• Provide short and long-term market forecasts and reports by directing market research
collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data;
• Develop new uses for existing products by analyzing statistics regarding market
development, acquiring and analyzing data as well as consulting with internal and external
• Prepare short-(1 year) and mid-(3 year) marketing plans.
Marketing Execution / Operation
• Coordinate the creation of marketing materials (samples, brochures, catalogs, video,
movies, PPTs, templates, datasheets, website & social media updates, project pictures,
corporate gifts, etc.).
• Represent the company towards external parties such as media, stakeholders and
potential clients and build strategic partnerships.
• Coordinate GVA’s participation in Exhibitions and Tradeshows.
• Represent the company at conventions, annual meetings, trade associations, and
• Continuously generate ideas for promotional events or activities and organize them
• Plan and execute campaigns for corporate promotion, launching of new product lines etc.
• Produce valuable content for the company’s online presence, editorial design and
organizing the company’s publications.
• Manage social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation
• Launch and maintain global brands through advertisements, promotions and campaigns.
• Work closely with the company’s Sales team; enabling them to meet their commercial
objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials, and presentations
Administrative & Personnel.
• Coordinate the Company’s marketing functions, including recruiting, training, coaching,
supervision, evaluation, and discipline of marketing departmentteam members.
• Create and maintain a culture of success and goal achievement through effective
communication of the company’s vision and strategic objectives to marketing staff and GVA
• Prepare annual marketing budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and
initiating corrective actions if required.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops,
reviewing professional publications, establishing a personal network, and participating in
What would make you a great candidate/Requirements
• Degree in Marketing, Engineering, Architecture or Design.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Marketing Leadership positions.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English is mandatory.
• Strong knowledge of Marketing Strategy – conception, development, and implementation
of marketing plan and strategies, product concepts, and promotional programs.
• Ability to create new, unique content and interest to turn ideas into new solutions,
processes, and products.
• Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or
• Deep understanding of key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to provide
market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, campaign results, and market trends;
• High level of initiative: interested and able to prospect new ideas, initiate new projects,
engage in new challenges.
• Interest for visual arts and ability to discern between good and bad design in content
(graphics, video, presentations, etc.), produced by GVA’s Marketing team.
• Leadership skills: ability to lead teams effectively – communicating vision, engaging
employees, assigning work goals, etc.
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning,
resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production
methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Experience in Digital marketing, hands-on experience running campaigns on social media
platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube);
• Ability to travel to attend trade shows around the globe.
• A tenacious, curious and a solution-oriented team player.
• Comfortable in a fast paced, technology-driven and engineering-based environment.
We are an exceptional and talented team that believes in the GVA vision and shares GVA values. Our
passion and enthusiasm are contagious and have helped us attract great talent, partners, and clients. If
you want to be part of a young, dynamic and growing organization, you are the candidate we are looking.
Send your resume and LinkedIn profile link to [email protected].
GVA Lighting is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection,
advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. In accordance with the Human Rights Code and
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the GVA Lighting hiring process.
During the selection process you might undergo psychometric tests, as well as practical exercises to help
us identify those who have the right attitude, skills, know-how and to find a cultural fit with our company’s
We thank all the candidates for their interest in GVA lighting, however only selected candidates will be